Unclaimed Property

I received a notice in the mail or found my name on the list of unclaimed properties. How do I file a claim to receive my funds before they are transferred to the Bay Area Toll Authority?

The deadline to file a claim was May 8, 2024. If you missed the deadline to claim your funds you may initiate an appeal process by contacting FasTrak’s Customer Service Center.

By Phone:
877-BAY-TOLL (877-229-8655)

In Person:
FasTrak Customer Service Center
375 Beale Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

Visit Contact Us page for hours of operation
(Bring government-issued identification and check in with the lobby security desk.)

By Mail:
FasTrak Customer Service Center
Escheatment Claims
P.O. Box 26926
San Francisco, CA 94126

By Fax:


  1. Go to Email FasTrak
  2. Select Web, and when the drop-down box appears, select Unclaimed Funds
  3. Fill in your details and upload your signed claim form and required documentation
  4. Select Submit

How do I file a claim for a deceased owner?

You may file a claim for the funds of a deceased owner if you are an heir, trustee or personal representative/executor/administrator. All required documentation for deceased owner claims are listed on the claim form.

Can a claim be filed jointly with another account owner?

Yes, if all owners sign the claim form and submit the required documents to prove ownership.

What documentation is required to show proof of a name change when filing a claim?

If you have changed your name since your refund check was issued, you will need to provide documents that establish that you are the person whose name appears on the account with the unclaimed property. A marriage certificate or court documents are examples of acceptable forms of proof.

I still have the original, uncashed refund check from the Bay Area Toll Authority, but the bank will not honor it because it is over a year old. How can I get my money back?

To get your refund, you must complete a new claim form, provide proof of identity and enclose the original, uncashed check or a copy of the uncashed check. Once the Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) has determined valid ownership, BATA will send you a new check. Be sure to keep copies of these documents for your records.